Tuesday, April 14, 2015

A few updates and some bird shots

I think I will never be as regular as I hoped I would be. Hence I will make no more promises regarding regularity or about being more frequent; I will provide periodic updates whenever my mind is free (or if writing takes some of the stress away). I have been travelling for while now and have never been able to get to posting some of my photographs. There have been a few that I am happy with. I am improving I think and finally coming to terms with equipment or rather the lack of it.

With regards to photography, here are a few updates:
  1. I am a dedicated Lightroom user now. I have acquired DXO Pro as well and it has a good noise reduction engine, but I find I use it very seldom.
  2. You would already know that I am now a SmugMug user. This is where I will be for the foreseeable future. I have realised that while praise for ones work is gratifying, it is not what I really crave.
  3. I have acquired some equipment - a Sony NEX 5T - my first mirror-less camera. I don't know if I have declared my acquisition of the 300mm f/4. 
  4. I have moved from Facebook and re-entered it with a more photography focus. I would have lost a lot of friends, but I am touch with you all if you know what I mean.

With regards to travel, here is the subject of my upcoming posts:
  1. My trip to Bandhavgarh
  2. Two trips to Milwaukee with transit through Chicago
  3. My trip to Kerala to check up on my Dad

Closer to home, however is where I find peace. I recently took some photographs I was pleased with. These feature that sweet voiced, invasive species - the red whiskered bulbul (pycnonotus jocusus).

Red Whiskered Bulbul - Nikon D610, Nikon 300mm f/4, 300mm,  f/4, 1/640s, 400ISO, hand held, no flash
Red Whiskered Bulbul - Nikon D610, Nikon 300mm f/4, 300mm, f/4, 1/800s, 400ISO, hand held, no flash
Hope you like them. More coming up.

No comments: