Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Flowers

It has been a while.

I have changed jobs recently and am still settling into my new place. Along the way, I have managed to lose my wallet and consequently am without my PAN Card, my drivers license and as I discovered today, the registration card for my car.

Life is tough. Will blog about how I got out of the jam once I am out of the jam. In the meanwhile, here are a few pictures of flowers that I shot in the months following my last post. The Frangipani is turning out to be my favourite. A few of the shots are in Goa and the rest in Mumbai. All shots were taken with the Tamron 180mm Macro mounted on a Nikon D7000 that is fast turning out to be my favorite lens-camera combo. All the images have been hosted off 500px. I am fed up with Flickr, but more on that later.


Unknown flower by Bernard Solomon (bernards)) on 500px.com
Unknown flower - Mumbai, Tamron 180mm Macro, 1/400sec, f/6.3, ISO 200
I do not know the flower pictured above. It is a pretty unremarkable flower at first glance. But flowers have this amazing complexity under all that simplicity. The following shots are of Frangipani flowers.

Frangipani by Bernard Solomon (bernards)) on 500px.com
Frangipani - Mumbai, Tamron 180mm Macro, 1/1000sec, f/5, ISO200
Frangipani by Bernard Solomon (bernards)) on 500px.com
Frangipani - Mumbai, Tamron 180mm Macro, 1/250sec, f/11, ISO200
Frangipani, Goa by Bernard Solomon (bernards)) on 500px.com
Frangipani, Goa - Goa, Tamron 180mm Macro, 1/60sec, f/8, ISO100
Frangipani, Goa by Bernard Solomon (bernards)) on 500px.com
Frangipani, Goa - Goa, Tamron 180mm Macro, 1/320sec, f/8, ISO100

No comments: