Sunday, January 15, 2012

Shooting candles

This is part of my indoor shooting endeavours. I was in my in-laws place and was trying to shoot flowers with the Tokina lens. Some time during the flower shoot, the table was cleared as there were guests in the house. I wanted to resume; which is when my father in law got these candles out. Apparently the candle stands were bought as a souvenir from the United States by my then girlfriend who is now my wife.


 
Lens: Tokina 100mm Macro, ISO 400, f/5.6, 1/500s


Lens: Tokina 100mm Macro, ISO 400, f/8, 1/160s


Lens: Tokina 100mm Macro, ISO 400, f/8, 1/160s


I had snuffed out the candle when I noticed the whiff of smoke. This is when I decided to re-shoot the image. I lit the candle and asked the f-i-l to snuff it out. This was the best amongst three.

Lens: Tokina 100mm Macro, ISO 400, f/5.6, 1/500s


All images were shot in RAW. Initial processing was done using ViewNX. Subsequently some curve adjustment and watermark addition was done using GIMP.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: