Saturday, January 21, 2012

A butterfly and a beetle

Today morning I headed out with a Schneider-Kreuznach 1.4x teleconverter appended to my Tokina. I will cover the performance of this combination in a future post. But for now, I wanted to share a couple of the good shots that I got (out of 250+). The butterfly photograph was shot in the afternoon while the beetle was photographed in the morning itself.

This seems to be the Pea Blue (Lampides Boeticus). It was busy feeding and did not fly away. The long reach afforded by the teleconverter helped too no doubt.




Nikon D90, Tokina 100mm Macro, ISO250, f/10, 1/1250s

I do not know the variety of this beetle and frankly noticed it only because it was so conspicuous against the green grass. There were a number of side shots which I thought were interesting but I was not happy with the results. To be honest, I was not too happy with this one either, but this was a passable shot and so made its way into the blog. Will try and id this sometime in the future.


Nikon D90, Tokina 100mm Macro, ISO200, f/9, 1/80s
Posted by Picasa

No comments: