Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My son's essay

This is what my wife discovered. It is a classic, and while it will take time to put up the picture, I have tried to type out and reproduce what was written. Please keep in mind that the boy is not yet seven and only in first grade.

A visit to a farm

Last week I went to a huge farm. I reached at 8 am. I saw cows, buffaloes, goats, sheep and many other animals. The ducks and swans were also there. The farmer was growing plants and vegetables. The cow was giving milk, the buffalo was giving leather. There was a tractor, a milk van and an ambulance near the farm. I saw rice felds, wheat and chilliplants. There were snakes and crows. The farmer kept a scare crow to shoo away the crows. The buffaloes were giving milk meat and leather. I saw donkeys carrying heavy loads and I saw seven lambs and the mother in the pen. I was feeding the lambs grass and hay. Next I was seeing the goats they were bleating and eating grass. Next I saw a cow and its udders were swollen and had to be taken to a veterinarian. The horse was white in colour. It could eat gram and grain. I was hungry when I reached the shed. I ate pow bhaji. I went ahead and saw a pile of straw and it was very soft. there were hens, cocks and chicks. Then I chased the chicks cock and hens. I saw a white cock. Next I went to the brown shed. It had many trees and it was cool over there. I was very hungry. I ate my lunch and went ahead. Last I saw a hen laying eggs. I drove home by a yellow car. I enjoyed my day at the farm.

Now, me and my wife were laughing aloud on the following lines:


... vegetables. The cow was giving milk, the buffalo was giving leather. There was a tractor, a milk van and an ambulance near the farm. I saw rice felds, wheat and chilliplants. There were snakes and crows. The farmer kept a scare crow to shoo away the crows. The buffaloes were giving milk meat and leather. I saw ...


Well, according to his teacher, cows are reared for milk, while buffaloes are reared for milk, meat and leather. Heh heh ...

1 comment:

Goodguy said...

ha ha.. Everything in was , could gave.. Dhruv rocks..